- Improved: Missed alerts are displayed in the reminder window.
- Now, when the "Show message" setting is turned off, the notification window does not disappear 30 seconds after it appears and the sound does not stop playing.
- Corrected the Greek interface language.
- Fixed: The online alarm website did not open correctly when using emoji.
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- Improved: The design of the application has been updated. A new dark theme has been added. The application icons have been changed.
- New: The ability to pause the timer has been added.
- A new setting has been added to arrange the timer list by Time, Label, or Next alarm time.
- Improved: New font for numbers in floating windows is now used.
- Improved: When the timer is stopped, numbers in floating windows are displayed in muted gray.
- New sounds have been added, some sounds have been renamed.
- New: Translations of the user interface into 5 languages: Hindi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Kurdish and Estonian.
- New request and warning forms with the ability to cancel the reappearance of the form has been added.
- A new "Open Online Timer" button has been added.
- Improved: When editing a timer, you can set any values for minutes and seconds. They will automatically be converted to hours and minutes.
- Improved: When you add a new timer, the sound name and volume are set to the same as the last time you edited the sound settings.
- Improved: The countdown limit has been increased to 50 years, and the date limit has been removed.
- Improved: The notification message doesn't appear when the floating window is visible. The floating window starts flashing when the countdown expires.
- Improved: The OK/Close button in the reminders window is focused by default, but the reminders window itself does not become active when it appears to avoid accidentally closing it.
- Improved: If for some reason the sound could not play, the system beep starts playing.
- Improved: When the "Always on top" option is enabled, the caption of the main window is reduced and the program icon is removed from the taskbar.
- Improved: Translation of sounds into other languages has been added.
- Improved user interface translation in some languages (especially Asian languages).
- Improved: The work of the program on High DPI screens has been improved and fixed.
- Improved: An additional check has been added that prohibits the launch of multiple instances of the program.
- Improved: In Windows 7 and above, when playing the sound of the alert, all sounds are muted and music playback is paused, if the "Turn on the volume" option is checked.
- Changed: The sound of the metronome has been changed. You can change the sound of the metronome by changing the Metronome.wav file.
- Fixed: In Windows 10, the notification message disappeared after a few seconds and the music stopped.
- Fixed: When switching to winter time and moving the clock back one hour, alerts were triggered again.
- Fixed a bug with resetting the position of floating windows when working with multiple screens.
- Lots of other fixes and improvements.
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
- Free Countdown Timer now has full Unicode support.
- New command line parameter /ADDTIMER has been added. This parameter opens the new timer window.
- New: 6 alarm sounds have been added.
- New: Translations of the UI into Greek and Indonesian languages.
- Improved Windows 10 Compatibility.
- Improved: The reminder window shows the snooze time on the snooze button.
- Improved: The floating timer has a tooltip window that display the alarm time.
- Fixed: Sometimes the floating window displayed the incorrect amount of months and days.
- Fixed: Sometimes the alarm event did not bring the reminder window to the foreground in Windows 8 and above.
- Fixed: Now you can't close the floating clock using the Alt+F4 hotkey.
- Fixed: If you used the ampersand character (&) in the label for an alarm event, "_" was displayed instead of "&" when the reminder window popped up for that event.
- Fixed: If the user presses the Enter key with the cursor in the date-time field, any changes made in that field are not saved.
- Some other fixes and improvements.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Monday, October 28, 2013
Changes in version 3.0:
- New: The Full Screen button has been added for floating windows.
- New: "Play Sound Duration" option. You can define for how long to play the sound.
- New: The "Stay on Top" option has been added for the main window.
- New: "Cancel Snooze" command.
- New: Support for the flac audio files has been added. Support for the wav files has been improved.
- New sound SchoolBell.mp3 has been added.
- Fixed: Sometimes alarms not fires when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode.
- Fixed: Issue with sorting of timers.
- Fixed: When a timer reaches zero, the floating window starts flashing. It can't stop flashing when you set the "(None)" sound.
- Fixed: Alarm kept going off even when you hit Snooze and deleted the timer.
- Some other bug fixes and improvements.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Changes in version 2.7:
- New: Translations of the UI into Bulgarian, Serbian and Japanese languages.
- New: View mode "Single Line".
- New: Shortcuts for lists: Ctrl+N, Ctrl+Enter, Ctrl+Del, Ctrl+E.
- New: Ability to stop snooze.
- Improved: In order to open main window from tray you need to click on icon. The second click on the tray icon hides the main window.
- Fixed: Issue with waking up PC from a sleep mode when the first timer doesn't have WakeUp option.
- Fixed: Issue with daylight saving adjustment.
- Fixed: Issue with playing sound when output device changes.
- Fixed: Alarm balloon is visible while playing sound.
- Fixed: Issue with storing setting.
- Some other bug fixes and improvements.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Changes in version 2.5:
- New: Ability to play a random song from a directory.
- New: Ability to execute a command or open URL instead of playing a song.
- New: Ability to play WAV and WMA files.
- New: A tooltip on the taskbar as an alarm notification.
- New: Added translations of the UI into Simplified Chinese, Romanian, Czech and Arabic languages.
- Improved: Whenever the system time changes, the program refreshes all countdown timers.
- Fixed: Issue with activating an already running program instance.
- Fixed: Issue with an incorrect time in the floating window.
- Fixed: Issue with playing sound.
- Fixed: Issue with daylight saving time.
- Fixed: Several floating windows begin to stick together and moving one distorts the positions of the others, even when not directly alongside them.